Ready to go global with your killer app? I can help. With an educational and professional background in software development, I understand what happens with translated strings once they are passed back to the client and how they are ultimately rendered on a computer screen or smartphone. I am often able to provide insights about how to streamline or improve the localization process, especially for my smaller clients.
Software localization projects
My clients include major Russian software companies in computer security, virtualization, email services, social networking, messaging, forex and cryptocurrencies, test automation, education, video game development, and more.
- Websites – Extend your reach by creating an English version of your site.
- User interfaces – For apps and desktop applications, get the right terms for all your interface elements.
- Documentation – Everything from design docs and technical specifications to help files and API references.
- Video games – I have translated content for several hidden object games, puzzle games, other casual games, real-time strategy games, and fantasy role-playing games.
- Linguistic testing – I can review UI screenshots or actually use your app/website to check for language-related issues.
Supported file formats
I can handle just about any file format that is convenient for your localization workflow:
- .html, .htm
- .xliff, .xlf
- source code files
- Microsoft Office and OpenDocument formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .odt, .ods, etc.)
- and much more
Didn’t see your preferred file format in the list? Just ask me whether I can support it. I probably can.
Experience that matters
Because I have been a programmer, I understand format strings and markup. I recognize malformed source HTML and escape sequences and am often able to identify what was intended. I grasp the pitfalls that can arise when using programmatically constructed UI strings. If I see potential problems, I notify my clients.
And depending on the nature of your project, my knowledge of APIs, algorithms, multithreading, databases, programming paradigms, and debugging may make the difference between correct translation and nonsense.
Highly responsive ongoing linguistic support
Releasing a new version of your app? Refreshing your website? Let me earn your repeat business and I will become an expert on your products/services, ensuring that terminology is used consistently and correctly from one version to the next. You will find that I am highly responsive to your questions and needs.
Let’s get started
Get in touch today to get a quote.