Last night I signed up for an Audible.com subscription. I redeemed my first credit for an audiobook that I had enjoyed listening to years ago: Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time. After getting through the first few chapters I wanted to find a way to sync my non-Exchange Outlook tasks with my iPhone. Surely, I’m not the first person to want to do this.
I was surprised how difficult it was to find a solution. First, I looked at Producteev, which has an iPhone app and an Outlook plugin—or at least it used to. Then I came across Appigo Todo, which supports syncing Outlook tasks to the iPhone without the need for Exchange Server—until the end of the year. Finally, I found Toodledo and gSyncit—and now I’m syncing my tasks without Exchange Server. Total cost: $22.98.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up for Toodledo (free).
- Install the iPhone app ($2.99 on 11/15/2012).
- Buy a license for gSyncit, an Outlook plugin ($19.99 on 11/15/2012).
- Install gSyncit on your PC.
- Add your Toodledo account to gSyncit
- Go to the gSyncit tab in Outlook
- Go to Settings > Toodledo Sync > Task Sync
- Click New
- Add your Toodledo username and password
- Click Verify Account
- Click Select Folder… and select your Outlook task folder
This may not be directly related to translation, but it’s a technical solution that will help this freelancer better manager his time. Enjoy!
If you have an alternative, possibly better, solution, please do share!